Thursday 21 August 2014

This email contains my bullsh*t excuses

I wanna start off with apologising to you.

I didn't email yesterday and I know how you love yourself a little
daily slice of Ian toast.

I failed in our commitment bond but there's lessons to be found.

This week I have my 8 year old going on 18 daughter - Tiana.

I have her week on, week off during the summer hols.

And I know I don't have to tell you what it's like during the
school holidays right.

Yesterday I got home after my early morning session with all the
intentions of writing my daily email.

Something cropped up, so I thought I'll do it in a little while.

Tiana then wakes up.

I have to get her ready for her annual Nanny & Grand Daughter shoe
shopping day.

So being the Dad I am I get her dress looking like a multi coloured
dream coat, get the hoover out and put her hair in a legendary pony
tail.

Off she goes.

Ok, time for the email after my dinner. I finished dinner then
starts f*cking about with the hoover filters like the geek I am to
get a turbo sucking hoover.

Basically I put everything else in front of doing the thing I
needed to do, to the point I got home from sessions at 7:30pm and
did naff all all night and was a reet lazy buggar.

Excuses after bullshit excuse.

I bit like when you wanna exercise.

You find everything possible to do before it's too late and it goes
by the way side.

One day won't harm, I'll do it tomorrow...365 tomorrows go by and
still no exercise and by now your so pissed off with yourself,
unhappy and sluggish that you can't be arsed doing ought.

Too many tomorrow excuses turn you into one of them bad ass
keyboard warriors in time, that tell everyone else that they're fat
and need to do something about it.

Or that everything's a scam cos she couldn't possibly lose weight
that easy.

I'm gonna tell you something right now that you may not believe.

Losing weight is easy.

You can find out how to lose weight from anywhere nowadays.

The hard bit is having the accountability. You can find an
abundance of it here BTW

The hard bit is doing it week in, week out.

I know you, your wired up to have a start and end date diet.

Once you've achieved your target it's back to 'normal' eating.

Back to I'll do it tomorrow.

I'm nothing special, I have a mentor that keeps me accountable and
today your reading my email.

I'm not letting my fuck up from yesterday effect me.

Straight back to it.

Because doing the small things, the things that you don't always
wanna do.

The consistent shit.

WILL get you the result you want.

Ian 'Bullshit radar' Foran

PS. Tomorrow I'm gonna tell you the story of my sister and her
fella I promised you about this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment